As a professional voiceover artist I spend A LOT of time alone in a padded cell (otherwise known as my studio!). So, it’s really important to get out and network with other voiceovers, producers and industry folk.
And what a night it was! It was such fun to catch up with old pals and make some news ones at the VOX 2017 Awards event. This year was special too, as it was the 20th Anniversary year.
The VOX Awards celebrates the best creative audio talent in the media and broadcast industries across 10 categories and our aim is to promote audio excellence.
There are lots of categories, though there is a focus on radio and commerical work. Who know, maybe I’ll be the Best Female Voiceover next year!
And the winners are…
- Best Regional Radio Commercial: Genesis Crafty. Produced by The SoundHouse NI. Voiced by Jude Petticrew
- Best Use of Music: The Lanes – Winter Wonderland. Music by Mark Whickenden. Sonic Boom Produced by Metro Radio
- Best Female Voiceover Performance: Sara Starling for Brussels Airport 2040 Campaign
- Best Male Voiceover Performance: Kenny Blyth for Broadband Genie
- Best Use of Humour: Paddy Power. Produced by SNK Studios. Voiced by Alistair McGowan
- Best Character Performance: Melissa Sinden. Produced by Wireless Group
- Best Imaging, S&P or Promo Voice: Paul Jones
- Best Retail / Service Message or Commercial: Cleveland Fire – Don’t Cook. Produced by Metro Radio
- Best Visual Advertising Campaign: BMW. Produced by Zibrant Live. Voiced by Nadine Shenton
- The Sayer Producer of the Year Award: Rick Loynes
You can see a list of all the winners here.